Friday, September 18, 2009

You're Going Down...

If you happened to live with me, which you don't because I live alone, the last two nights you would have gotten quite a show from me. I had had it up to here (I'm pointing way above my head) with the infernal creatures known as crickets. It seemed that no matter how hard I tried to keep them outdoors here of late they've found little ways to make it inside.

I love them beautiful sound of crickets chirping when it's outdoors (adds to the "country" atmosphere), but the shrilly sound amplified indoors is too much, especially at night when I'm tired and sleep is most at mind.

So, the last two nights I went on a cricket hunting expedition in my home, each night around 1-2 a.m. In the last two nights I've managed to dispatch atleast ten crickets, and I believe that as of this morning only two more remain in my house. They are both in serious hiding, but I have their number and it's only a matter of time.

I'm hoping with the oncoming cooler weather that the crickets will start to disappear naturally, until then here's what you'll be hearing at my home in the wee hours of the morning, "You're Going Down Crickey Crickey Crickey...just keep on chirping I'll find ya!"

1 comment:

Lana said...

Jenn, all I have to say is that your post today made me smile so big and laugh so hard! Best of luck with those crickets... :)