Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Creamy Goodness...

...of eating an SB&J.

For those of you who suffer from peanut allergens like myself, you might be familiar with SB&J's.  The initials for SoyNut Butter and Jelly :)


I've been familiar with SoyNut Butter for sometime having tried it once at a friend's home in Utah.  The SoyNut Butter I had there was separated and had to be mixed well to be eaten.  It really didn't remind me of peanut butter, and wasn't a good substitution to my memories of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (as I child I could eat peanut butter - my allergy is adult onset).

I didn't realize how special those memories of Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches were until I recently came across a very good brand of SoyNut Butter.  When I opened the jar it was like looking at a jar of creamy peanut butter, it was like smelling peanut butter and that first taste was so much like all my memories of peanut butter.  Of course I immediately pulled out some bread and jelly and went to work making my master creation of the SB&J.  That first taste combination of bread, sweet and creamy transported me back to my youth with meals at home, picnics in the park, hiking with friends and all sorts of wonderful outings.

I was able to enjoy all those memories in one simple little sandwich, and I could still breathe properly at the end of the meal :)



If you're wondering there are additional benefits to replacing your peanut butter with soynut butter.  SoyNut Butter has less calories and fat per serving, and more fiber and protein than peanut butter...what a winning combination!

No comments: