Friday, March 19, 2010

Springing into Spring

May I just say that the beautiful, sunny weather we are experiencing here in the Shenandoah Valley has done much to lift my soul this week.  If I had the time (meaning if I didn't have to work for a living) I would be spending all my time outdoors and soaking in the sunshine.

For me the day starts with the sun peaking through my window around 7 a.m.  If the sun doesn't wake me the birds that have suddenly made an experience, chrip me into wakefullness.  These days the sunlight continues to around 7:30 p.m., which also makes me smile.  I just adore long days!!  I love being able to sit on front porch rocking chair with a glass of tea, and watch the sunset over the horizon. 

It will only get better as my garden takes on new life, and the nearby field is full of tall cornstalks.  Love living in the country :)

1 comment:

Davene said...

I know! I am so with you on this! I just wish I had a front porch to sit on. :)