Monday, June 2, 2008

A Drive Down Memory Lane...

well almost.

This past weekend I found myself driving home from a Bridal Shower party (yeah..Lana). As I was driving past the farm out of habit I turned into the gravel driveway. It wasn't until I was almost halfway up the driveway when I realized that I didn't live there anymore. It's not only me that doesn't live there any more, but my parents as well.

Here it is the home my Dad has lived in for over 50 years, and we're no longer there. This is going to take some getting use to.

What makes the transition even more difficult to work through is the fact that at the present I'm only living a quarter of a mile from the farm. I'll be passing by the farm every day, for who knows how long.

Honestly though now is probably the most difficult hump in weaning myself off the farm. This is the time after we've moved out and prior to the new occupant moving in. I'm looking forward to seeing someone else living in the farm house, making the place there own, with there own touches. Once I start seeing the farm look different from how our family always knew it, I'll be more at ease knowing it's not ours any more.

Until then, I'll probably keep driving up the wrong driveway, my own little trip down memory lane.

No comments: