Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

Today is the day my dear friend Emily Kate returns home. For the last year she's been serving the Lord in Italy.

I'm excited to have her near by again, but I understand how difficult this kind of transition might be for her. For the last year she's had a pretty focused purpose and schedule, and now she's moving back to Virginia where there are a lot of unknowns. I have no worries that God will make her paths clear, but I understand how difficult the waiting can be.

Also, it's always hard saying good-bye to dear friends. As much as Emily is "coming home" where family and friends are anxiously awaiting her arrival, she also made a home in Italy with dear friends she'll miss.

She'll always carry with her the special memories of her time with her Italian friends. Just as I will always carry with me the memories of my Utah friends. And given the Lord's blessing we'll all see one another again on this earth as well as heaven :)

Looking forward to seeing you Emily Kate!!

1 comment:

Davene said...

Hi, Jenn! I found your blog through Lana's. It's amazing who you bump into in good old Blogworld! :)

I think it's great that you'll be able to understand some of the things Emily is going through because of your own experiences transitioning back here.

Have a great weekend! :)