Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Adventures

My adventure began when I picked up my good friend Emily from her home to drive her to the Roanoke Airport. It takes about an hour and a half to drive the hundred plus miles from Harrisonburg to Roanoke. It's really a beautiful drive, atleast I think so. Then again I think any drive that takes you in a southern direction is nice :)

The trip was fairly uneventful from Harrisonburg to Roanoke. About ten miles from the airport we got off the interstate to check our directions to the airport. It was at that time that things got interesting. When I got back in my car and went to make a turn I heard horrid screaching noise coming from the vehicle. It didn't matter whether I turned to the right or the left, each time I turned the car made the noise.

At this point Emily and I took a chance and continued to drive the remaining distance to the airport. At the airport Emily got her tickets and knew she had several hours before she needed to be back at the airport to board the plane.

It was then that the only thing I had on my mind was getting my car looked at. Here I was though in a strange city with no idea where the nearest service station was, or if I could trust their work. Not far the airport I noticed a Walmart and their tire and lube station. I went there not to see if they could repair my vehicle, but to see if they could recommend someone who could.

They were very friendly there and easily pointed out a nearby Sears Service Station that could most likely help me out. It wasn't a far distance from Walmart to Sears, so I was thankful for that small blessing.

The gentlemen at the Sears Service Station in Roanoke were terrific. In a very effiecent manner they got my car examined and taken care of with time to spare before I needed to get Emily back to the airport. Luckily for me and Emily this particular Sears was attached to the Valley View mall in Roanoke. We spent the couple of hours it took to repair the car, looking through the stores and having lunch in the food court.

It ended up being a couple of belts that needed replacing on my vehicle. Thankfully for me it wasn't a major repair and didn't require a huge investment of my funds.

As I look back on the events of today I know I have much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the perfect of timing of events, the safety of me and my passenger, and all the kind people who helped me along the way. It's amazing to me as I see the hand of God covering the adventures of this Monday.

No comments: