Monday, March 9, 2009

A Gift From God...

This past weekend, the Shenandoah Valley received a precious gift from God...a weekend with the most beautiful Spring weather. It was in the upper 60's and lower 70's most of the weekend, and absolutely gorgeous. Not one to miss the first Spring like days of the year I was outdoors like most other Virginians soaking up the warmth.

On Sunday I convinced a number of my friends to come hiking with me up on Shenandoah National Park. We choose to hike the Lewis Falls Trail, which was definitely fun.



Here's Chitra standing before the "Stay on the Trail" sign. No one wants to take a fall off those rocks.



Brendan was always anxious for me to take is photograph :)


Kyle was enjoying the view from the falls, or he was just smiling for the camera.

Emily and Chitra are enjoying a rest on the rocks near the falls. I had the challenge of zooming in with the camera and taking this photo through all the trees. Just a few branches in the way, I'm impressed with myself.


We came across a large group of very tame park deer. Eventually Brendan had to throw a stick in their direction just to get them moving. Before that though I got a couple nice photos of the deer while eating.




Last but certainly not least, here's Emily stricking a pose that was meant for my camera to capture, but since I did get it on film I thought I'd share.




















No comments: