Wednesday, November 5, 2008

If I Had a Bakery...

This past Sunday morning I arose early to make doughnut dough for a pre-church service breakfast. What I forgot this past Sunday morning when I set my alarm was that it was time for the "time change" and clocks would be falling back an hour.

So, when I arose and went out the kitchen on Sunday morning at what I thought was 4:30 a.m. I was greeted by the satellite clock (updates automatically) in our kitchen telling me it was 3:30 a.m. Being that I'm not an early morning person I was tempted to go back to bed for an hour. I also knew that it I went back to bed for one hour I might not get out again until it was light outside, and that wouldn't be productive to making doughnuts.

I settled myself on the couch in the living room instead and turned on a movie. While watching the movie I did reach a point of half sleep, and it was then that I dreamed about having my own bakery. I would love more than anything to have my own bakery someday and create truly amazing breads and pastries. I just don't see it happening any time soon (I'm way too poor to have my own bakery - and not nearly experienced enough).

In my dream though I had my own bakery and it's name was "Sweet Imagination". I've been haunted by that dream ever since Sunday morning and I can't get that name out of my head. It was last night though as I was laying my head down to sleep, and thinking of the name Sweet Imagination that it came to where I've heard it before. It just happens to be similiar to a short phrase from the movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In the song they use the phrase, "pure imagination" so you can see how my mind just supplemented sweet for pure.

As a kid growing up that was one of my favorite movies. I guess even then I loved the creative side to food. Now if I could only have my own "chocolate factory" in the form of a bakery.

No comments: